Who are we?
Root Capital is a nonprofit social investment fund that grows rural prosperity in poor, environmentally vulnerable places in Africa and Latin America by lending capital, delivering financial training, and strengthening market connections for small and growing agricultural businesses.
Why borrow from Root Capital?
- Root Capital specializes in lending to rural small and medium enterprises that are typically unable to secure financing from commercial banks.
- Root Capital understands smallholder agriculture and is able to structure loans around agricultural cycles.
- Root Capital has deep industry relationships throughout the value chain, enabling us to understand and leverage the dynamics of the entire market.
- Root Capital is easy to work with—our clients are assigned a dedicated regional loan officer who understands their business and the context in which they operate. This streamlines loan approvals and disbursements.
- Root Capital’s regional office structure enables us to serve our clients efficiently and respond to their needs.
- Root Capital collaborates with other organizations that provide technical assistance in developing and improving clients’ management, marketing, and agricultural practices.